Blog, meet Emily. Emily, meet your blog.
I’ve been a delinquent blogger lately. It’s just this darn summer numerical analysis class is keeping me b-u-s-y, busy, busy. We get one week to do the projects on top of two hours of class every day and exams. Oy. Some days, I truly feel like this.
But, nevertheless, the show must go on. I only have 7 days of class left (which includes 2 exams and one project) so I’ll push through it.
Temps have finally settled into the 100s so lately I’ve been busy trying to create the best “hot weather foods” for dinner that I can come up with. I dislike a heavy meal when it’s so stinking hot.
Lemon-Tarragon Chicken Toss
- 6 oz whole grain spaghetti
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp pure honey
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 12 oz skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size strips
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 Tbsp snipped fresh tarragon (or 1/2 tsp dried tarragon, crushed)