Supposedly Europeans are about a full year ahead of Americans in terms of fashion. I don’t know if that is exactly true or not, but after being here for a week, I’ve made a few observations:
- No one wears too much goop on their face. Au naturel. Au some.
- If you actually “do” your hair the way we do in the US, you will get funny looks. No one “does” their hair here. They just let it fall the way it dries or as it is when they roll out of bed (which I absoultely love because this currently the style I be rockin’.)
- Leggings and tights. Sometimes with a short skirt or shorts over them…sometimes not. And not always with a dress or longer top. I dunno about this one, I don’t really want to see that much of your hiney.
- Cardigans! Oh, I love cardigans. And here, you can wear them with anything and get away with it.
- Parachute pants. Nope. I’m not kidding. They’re back.
Today, I woke up at 6 am to talk to Alex before he went to bed. I’m ready for him to get back to C-bus (and I’m sure he is, too) where the time difference is only 6 hours. After chatting with him for an hour or so, I went back to bed until about 10. I had no idea I was that tired.
I got ready for the day and hopped on the bus (I’m such a pro at this by now) to Town Centre. I stopped at Cafe Nero, a place I’ve been meaning to try for a while now, for lunch. Since they charge you extra for “sit-in”, I ordered it “take-away” figured I could find a place to sit and eat. And I did. A nice little bench next to the river.
Lunch was awesome. Mozzarella and cherry tomatoes with red pesto. Mmmm-mmm.
And dessert: raspberry cupcake. “Keep calm, and have a cupcake.” Amen.
I noticed that there was a walking path along the river so I began to follow it for a while. It just kept going and so did I. The scenery got more and more beautiful as I walked, so I just kept on walkin’.
It was a gorgeous day for a walk and I even got to wear my sunglasses again because the sun was shining again. Woop! So, on I walked for about a mile before I turned around. It was nice to get away from the bustling city sounds and enjoy the fresh air. Guildford has been officially Nikon-ized. See below.
- 2 necklaces
- 2 shoes: 1 pair of flats, 1 pair of heels
- 2 tops
- 1 blazer
- 1 dress
- 2 longer tops/short dresses to wear with leggings or skinny jeans