It stormed last night. Thunder + lightning = anxious Emily. I love thunder but I hate lightning. I have my reasons. And when the weather gets nasty, I need to stay occupied. So, what did I do? Duh. I cooked dinner. You knew that…you’re so smart.
- 1/2 pound Broccolini
- 4 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 5 tsp canola oil, divided
- 1 (8 oz) package organic tempeh, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup diagonally cut snow peas
- 2 2/3 cup hot cooked brown rice
- 3 Tbsp chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
Now, I couldn’t get Broccolini and had to use regular broccoli instead. I also couldn’t find hoisin sauce, so I made my own with soy sauce, oil, peanut butter, garlic powder, chili sauce and some other stuff…but it was not even close to hoisin sauce. It made the dish way too soy-ish rather than the Asian bbq flavor I was going for.