How are you beating this Iowa heat?
|Please excuse the baggy clothes. It was laundry day and I had to borrow some comfies from the Viper Pilot.|
We sit in front of the fan.
Just hang out.
And tie dye shirts with Sharpies.
Yep, with Sharpies. My mom found a blog (TheArtGirlJackie-tutorials.blogspot.com) that gave instructions to dye a shirt with Sharpie markers. We thought it looked like a cool project so we gave it a whirl.
Here’s what you need:
- pre-washed white or light colored t-shirt (cotton takes color great)
- rubbing alcohol
- liquid dropper (we used an old eye drop bottle, but a medicine dropper would work fine)
- plastic cups (we used different sizes)
- rubber band
- variety of colored Sharpie fine-point permanent markers (leave out brown and black)
- extra embellishments (we used an iron on peace symbol)