We have lived in our house for a month now. I’ve absolutely fallen in love with it in the short month that flew by. It has taken us some time to adjust to living here and make the house our own. It it our first time living together in a normal house and after the wedding, we have so much stuff! We have a real house with real stuff. So…on this 10th day of October here are:
10. Coffee bar.
6. Our messy office.
- Our DVDs are sorted in a case alphabetically each with their own reference number in a printed inventory list we keep in the front. It’s simple: look through the list, pick a movie, find the reference number, flip to the right page and voila! There’s your movie. 🙂
- I sort my cans of soup, veggies, etc. in the cupboards alphabetically by category and stack them in a way that each label is facing front so I can easily find what I need.
- Spices are arranged alphabetically, also.
- Books on shelves must be sorted by height (tallest to shortest).
- The stapler and tape dispenser on my desk must sit at 90 degrees (perpendicular) to the edge of the desk.
- My shirts and dresses are sorted in my closet by color and sleeve length.
- When I fold underwear, running shorts, socks, etc., I rotate them, putting the clean ones on the bottom of the stack so that they all wear gradually.
I could go on… I tell you this because our office is currently a disaster [per our standards] and while it does bother us, we’re dealing with it. This is a huge deal for us. I guess we just decided there are more important things in our lives right now than sorting out receipts from the months this past summer when we were homeless — they’re sitting in the cardboard container by the door. I cringe just looking at this picture, but I know that one of these days we will get around to sorting things out. In a weird way, it makes me happy that we are able to cope with this. 🙂
5. Sentimental items.
4. Dream closet.
3. Pea Green Potty Room
If you are a vegetarian, I won’t mind if you skip this one…sorry…
- 1 (2-4 lb) beef chuck roast
- 1-2 cans Coke
- 1-2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 packet Lipton’s French Onion Soup Mix
- carrots & potatoes
I am going to have to be physically removed from this house when it’s time to PCS again…I love everything about it.