We woke up to an inch of snow and freezing rain. Even though it is a Sunday and I don’t have anywhere to go, I’m going to say it anyway…
- 1/2 cranium cauliflower (about 1 lb), trimmed of leaves, cored and cut into large chunks
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds (or pine nuts)
- 2 oz chunk Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil leaves (or parsley)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp pitted Kalamata olives
- 1-2 Tbsp dry white wine (to taste)
- sea salt
- 1 lb pasta of your choice
Set a large pot of salted water to boil. I added a splash of olive oil to keep the pasta from sticking.
It’s a wonderful vegetarian dish, but like with most pasta dishes, you could easily add chicken. I suspect it would also be fantastic with sun-dried tomatoes, so long as they don’t make the pesto too gummy. Try it and let me know what you think.