– Today is Friday. This means a wine night with the girls for me while the Viper Pilot gets named. His call sign will be associated with a helluva (mostly true) story, but you can nab a random one for yourself here. You can just call me ‘Pasta.’
– Today is also March 1. The day my dear husband and his fellow fighter pilots commence the Mustache Manifesto. I caught the Viper Pilot shaving this morning and when I saw the shaving cream on his lip I reminded him of the date. He thanked me since he had completely forgotten and then gave me a funny look, because most wives are not exactly a huge fan of Mustache March, and I responded, “just grow it.” Stay tuned for ‘stache pictures.
– The 4 Pics 1 Word app. It’s an incredibly addicting game and I love how it keeps my analytical brain ticking. It shows you four pictures and a bunch of letters. You have to find the word that the pictures have in common. For example, this one is ARM. Ah ha! You’re gonna download it now, aren’t ya?
– My sore glutes from yesterday’s workout. It was killer.
– My new purse. It is currently crossing the pond, courtesy of Nordstrom, to its new home on my arm. I’m quite excited.
– My new boots. I totally splurged on this order, but what’s a new purse without new shoes?!
– Messages from readers make my heart happy:
“Just wanted to let you know I read about your cabbage soup diet, and S & I are doing it! Started Sunday, and we are on day 4- bananas & skim milk. This diet is SO tough, but I’m already feeling healthier. We’ve read into it and this really is a good detox more than anything! And I’m just glad S is starting to see how veggie nights are not so bad, & fruit for snacks is refreshing!! It’s a good little jump start to starting better eating habits for him as a lifestyle choice, not a short diet. Anyway, just wanted to say we appreciate you sharing the CSD, but this damn soup is getting old! Lol. Hope Germany is more adventurous each day than the last! It certainly looks that way in your pictures!” -M
“Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings…you’re not alone […] it’s (oddly) comforting to know that us wives suffer all around the world, and we all make it through. Stay strong!” -C
“love this! everytime someone shares that ‘things not to say to a military spouse article’ I cringe, because I think nobody will even try to talk to me now. People deserve a lot of credit for trying!” -C
“As a girlfriend of a Cadet at USAFA, I really admire the way you look at your husband’s service. I’m still getting my feet wet, but I hope that one day I can look at my future husband’s job like this too.” -H
“Okay that picture of Elle is adorable.” -T