She’s the cutest thing ever. I know.
A while back I promised you a recipe. I move a little slower these days, sorry. It’s hot and I’m lazy.
Confession: for the past 102 days, I’ve been living off of buttered noodles. Why? Because it’s easy. I cook up a whole package of noodles on Monday and it lasts me the entire week. It’s a bad habit, I guess.
One evening I decided to change things up a bit. I don’t do the gluten free bizniz but I am definitely cool with low sodium foods and the good stuff. So when I saw the quinoa pasta on the shelf, I figured it couldn’t hurt. Plus, it came in a really cool shape.
Spicy foods have been my thing lately, specifically queso dip (mmmm) so I set out to make a queso/mac & cheese concoction. I came up with a chile cheese casserole that will make you sweat. Promise. 😉
Chile Cheese Casserole
- 1 (8 oz) package pasta (I used quinoa)
- 1/4 cup margarine or unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups nonfat milk
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel diced tomatoes with habaneros, undrained
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips (I used blue corn)