– Sweet corn in Germany is just okay but doesn’t stand up to Iowa corn.
– I just heard “Here by Me” by 3 Doors Down on the radio and it reminded me of when the Viper Pilot was just a 4-dig at the Academy. He went off to basic the summer of 2005 and I listened a bunch sappy/sad songs on repeat. Ahh, young love. Now all I want to do is reminisce on my favorite music from high school all. day. long.
|This was taken shortly before he left for basic cadet training. THAT HAIR.|
– Fun fact about when he went off to basic cadet training at the Academy: up until now, that was the longest period of time we have ever gone without seeing either other, even with all the LDRs. Deployment > BCT.
– My first drink after baby will be a margarita.
– Hospitality is a welcoming spirit, not a perfectly neat home. I am pounding this into my brain because it is true. I am having friends over for dinner later this week and my house is a pigsty. Between doctor appointments and work this week, I don’t really have time to clean the way I’d like to.
– Yoga is even better when you’re pregnant. It makes my muscles feel strong and takes away aches and pain. Child pose is my refuge.
– ALWAYS insure your mail with USPS. Unless you don’t mind large tar/grease stains on your clothes and baby blanket or your items missing completely.
Someone out there scored some adorable brand new sandals and baby shower
invitations for my friend’s shower with my name, email address,
physical address, and phone number on them. NBD. Note that these were separate instances in the same month. I hope whoever found the shoes likes them. I was really excited to wear them with my new dress with the large black stain.
(I should be getting my money back for the invitations, but the dress, baby blanket, and missing shoes are a lost cause. Way to go, USPS.)
– Pregnancy = tooth decay. I’ve never had a cavity in my life, but had two filled in July. Then yesterday I get a call that “we looked at your x-rays again and noticed that we missed three, please come back on the 16th to have them filled.” Oh, okay, thanks. No prob. I’d love to.
The things we do for our children…my mom reminded me of the commandment “honor thy mother…” Yes, I understand now. Thank you for everything, mama!
– I have a glucose test tomorrow and the memo they gave me says “no food or drink 10-16 hours before the appointment.” So which is it? That’s like saying they’ll deliver your furniture sometime between 8 and 5. I’m going to with 10 hours and hoping I’m negative for gestational diabetes. I know, I’m a risk taker.