The Viper Pilot and I are 3 months into our engagement and also 3 months into our 3rd LDR. When I moved to Mississippi in May 2010, we actually had a celebratory dinner because we thought we were done with LDRs. That all changed in March 2011 when we found out he would be moving away for F-16 training. That very same day, I accepted the teaching fellowship that ends May 15. Thus, this LDR we are currently in. I’m still in the “cope” phase of this LDR. I know that it will be over soon – this is the shortest one yet – but that doesn’t mean it is always easy.
Things I’ve learned so far:
- My social life isn’t so good without my other half.
- I really miss eating at restaurants.
- Elmer is not as happy without her other person around.
- I’m not as happy without my other half around.
- My Little White Dress Eating Plan (no, not a diet) is much easier when you live alone.
- Bluetooth headsets are the best thing ever.
- Skype is pretty amazing, too.
- I miss getting hugs. From anyone, for that matter. Sometimes I just need one.
- Planning a wedding in a LDR is not nearly as bad as it might seem.
- I thought we were LDR pros after doing it for 4 years…but it never does get easier.
- LDRs have not gotten any cheaper…in fact, I think they’re more expensive.
- Killing spiders, bugs, oil changes, the weed eater (we aren’t friends), the potential of a flat tire…
- I hate living alone. Hate it.
I suppose that’s all for today. Check back later for a post about my weekend. (A movie review perhaps?)
|Hee hee hee…|