Guys, I have to brag. This year, I had TWO men to be my Valentine. 🙂 I’m pretty partial to both of them and they can melt my heart equally in their own sweet ways.
It has been a while since I last shared a recipe on the blog. Truth is, I hadn’t spent much time in the kitchen but now that life with Owen is getting easier, I have gotten back into my ways.
The Viper Pilot snapped this picture of him in his Boba carrier last weekend. I love my Moby, but the Boba (made in Colorado!!) is easier to snap on once he’s already asleep – sometimes he wakes up when I put him down to tie on the Moby. Whichever one I use, I can get so much done around the house and spend time with him. It’s a win-win.
|My itsy bitsy love.|
- 1 (16 oz) can low-sodium kidney beans
- 1 (16 oz) can low-sodium black beans
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen corn
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Rotel tomatoes with chilies
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 packet taco seasoning (I just used McCormick’s Hot or you can make your own)
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (frozen is okay if you have time to let it cook all day)
- shredded Mexican blend cheese (for topping)
- sour cream (for topping)
- fresh cilantro (for topping)
Combine first 9 ingredients in slow-cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6. Before serving, shred chicken with fork (or you can remove it to shred but it should easily fall apart). Stir in shredded chicken. Top with fresh cilantro, shredded cheese, or sour cream.
These tacos are INSANELY easy to make, they are high in fiber and tasted great over rice. I messaged my recipe to my mom and sisters (mostly so I wouldn’t forget it) and they made it the next day – mom served it with couscous and Angie served it with red quinoa rice blend. Both said it was delicious.
That’s the life, right there.