Heh, heh…you get it? Nacho, not yo…….nevermind.
Have you ever been making dinner and the whole time you’re in the kitchen, you just aren’t convinced that it will be any good, and you even tell your
Viper Pilot family that you won’t be offended if they want to have a frozen pizza instead.
But then you sit down to eat it and you’re pleasantly surprised. It’s nice, right? That totally happened last night. Even I went back for seconds and I may or may not have had a small helping for breakfast before church this morning. Of course, I would never admit to doing something like that… 😉
The best part –> It’s healthy, too!!! <- definitely the best part.
adapted from Cooking Light
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 4 oz baked tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 (10 oz) can green chile enchilada sauce
- 2.5 oz shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend (about 2/3 cup)
It goes down exceptionally well with Mexican rice and a cold Belgian beer. 🙂